We have experience providing a wide variety of consulting and testifying expert services for environmental litigation support.
- Identifying and locating Potentially Responsible Party (PRPs).
- Assisting in case theory development and discovery.
- Reviewing and interpreting environmental and technical documents.
- Developing databases for site and regional environmental data.
- Evaluating the technical merits of the case through environmental forensic analysis, contaminant fate and transport, and data validation.
- Assisting with interrogatories and depositions.
- Developing cost allocation strategies under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and assisting with settlement negotiations.
- Creating effective presentations and demonstrative exhibits for mediation, arbitration, and trial.
Environmental Forensics Analysis
- Analysis of contaminant breakdown products and comparison with background levels for source identification and risk assessment.
- Congener fingerprint analysis of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins, and furans for source identification and risk assessment.
- Crystal structure analysis of mineral phases for heavy metal source identification and risk assessment.
- Isotopic signature analysis of anthropogenic radionuclides, perchlorate, and metals for source identification.
Expert Witness Services
David Teter, PhD, PE has been qualified as an expert and provided testimony in the United States District Court, Northern District of California with regards to standard of care, causal/forensic investigations, consistency of response actions with the National Contingency Plan (NCP), compliance with the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and analysis of whether the incurred costs of response actions are considered "necessary" under CERCLA.